– Sri Lanka Day Tours’ cycling tour of Sigiriya takes you on a journey into the areas surrounding the Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
– It offers you an alternative activity to be engaged in during your time in Sigiriya.
– Acquire more knowledge about the daily routines of the villagers and interact with them directly.
– Visit the Stupa believed to mark the spot where King Kashyapa, creator of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress was cremated.
– Visit the less frequented but equally important Pidurangala Rock.
– If you have not visited the Sigiriya Rock yet, it’s possible to couple this tour with the Sigiriya climb.
– You will be led by knowledgeable and experienced cycle guide.
Do get in touch with your sales consultant as soon as the booking is confirmed, where you will be advised on the meeting point. Our cycling guide will meet you at the designated point on time.
Sri Lanka Day Tours’ cycling tour of Sigiriya takes you on a journey into the areas surrounding the Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
The cycling tour starts at the entrance to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress. From there, you ride through “Thalkote”, a remote isolated village to the Thalkotawewa (reservoir). At the village, you will be able to see and experience how traditional farming (paddy and other crops) is done. Chena cultivation (slash and burn farming) is prevalent in the area. The region’s clean air and friendly environment is perfect for stress relief. The village borders Thalkotawewa, its main source of water.
Thalkotawewa and the thickets surrounding it are also perfect for bird watching in the morning and evening (the typical tour times). If you choose to take the tour in the morning, you may even witness signs of the presence of wild elephants in the area the night before. Stop and interact with villagers in the area and enjoy their hospitality. Make sure you take in the rich history of the area, as you make brief stops at a few of the archaeological sites.
Two of the important archaeological sites we cover in this trail are the Stupa, believed to mark the spot where King Kashyapa, creator of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress was cremated and the Pidurangala Viharaya which dates back beyond the first and second century BC. Pidurangala was used as a Buddhist monastery and became a prominent place during the reign of King Kashyapa (473 – 495 AD).
A climb of the Sigiriya Rock Fortress is available as an add-on to an already exciting tour.
We stop at different places to meet the locals and to refresh ourselves
– Transportation to the starting point and from the end point of the cycle trail
– Any extra beverages or food and snacks consumed
– Entrance fees to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
– Optional activity costs
– Any personal effects not mentioned here
– Any tips for the attending staff
– Any other expenses not mentioned in Price Inclusions section
– High quality, well-maintained mountain bikes with helmets
– The services of a knowledgeable and experienced cycling guide
– Drinking water during the cycle tour
– Packed snacks and refreshments during the trail
– Entrance permit for the Pidurangala Temple
– Emergency back-up at any time
– All Government taxes
You may cancel your booking at any stage, provided you do so in writing. To protect yourself against this eventuality you should ensure that you purchase travel insurance at the time of booking. In order to meet the administration & logistical costs incurred by us in handling a booking, the following cancellation charges will apply :
o . 30 to 59 Days – 25 % of the tour cost will be charged
o . 14 Days to 29 Days – 50 % of the tour cost will be charged.
o . 8 Days to 13 Days – 75 % of the tour cost will be charged.
o . Less than 7 days no refund.
*Eco Team should receive the cancellation in writing.
*Tour start day is not considered for computation of the period.
Note 1 PERSON - 131 USD 2 PERSONS - 80 USD PER PERSON 3 PERSONS - 63 USD PER PERSON 4 PERSONS - 54 USD PER PERSON